The cement industry plays a crucial role in fostering sustainable development and can be viewed as a foundational element supporting overall progress and growth. It serves as a fundamental pillar for development initiatives. Its influence resonates not only in the physical structures it helps create but also in the broader economic and societal development it underpins.
Use Case – Supply Chain Planning
An Indian cement company and affiliated with a prominent Group. The Company is the largest manufacturer of gray cement, ready-mix concrete (RMC) and white cement in India with an installed capacity of 116.75 million tonnes per annum.
- ~$6B Revenues (Yearly)
- 5 Business Verticals
- 30+ Manufacturing Units
- 5 Countries
- Inefficient Stock levels across storing locations leading to Storage cost increases at some and Sales loss in others.
- People driven approach rather than data driven decision making
- Inefficient utilization of Working Capital
- Sales Loss even with optimized production plan
- Inventory Plan without consideration of Margin / Profitability
- Difficulty to track Stocks across 1000’s of combinations
Identifying expected demand levels for the product or service with multiple subtle changes that add up over time and change the trajectory of demand.
Transforming a strategic plan into a detailed roadmap, delineating precise actions the team will undertake on a weekly, and at times, a daily basis.
Capacity & Production Planning
A dynamic evaluation process to ensure that the production capacity aligns seamlessly with the evolving demands for products.
Identifying and streamlining requirements while establishing the timelines for procurement, with the goal of acquiring them precisely when needed.
Internal reports used to run the organization, make business decisions, and monitor progress to make more accurate, data-driven decisions.
- Implemented Anaplan in line with business requirements
- Two way integration with SAP ERP (Bi-directional Integration)
- Data Mart/ Data Model setup
- Query Builder Setup
- Dashboard Design
- System Driven Safety & Target Levels
- Stock Simulation & Suggestion basis Demand, SLA, ABC, FMS, XYZ analysis
- Monitor daily stocks across SKUs with respect to the target, buffer penetration, and run multiple what-if to Increase/Decrease levels
- Optimized Distribution of Stocks to avoid – Sales Loss, Overstocking, Dead Stocks
- Easy to leverage executive interactive dashboards to monitor Inventory levels focusing on business critical SKU combinations
- Significant improvement in working capital and effective utilization of capital locked in excess inventory